Cookies are information packets sent by web servers to web browsers, and stored by the web browsers.
The information is then sent back to the server each time the browsers requests a page from the server. This enables web servers to identify and track web browsers.
There are two main kinds of cookies: session cookies and persistent cookies. Session Cookies are deleted from your computer when you close your browser, whereas persistent cookies remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach their expiry date.
Cookies on our website
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you don't. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other then the data you choose to share with us.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer.
- Internet Explorer; you can refuse all cookies by clicking "Tools", "Internet Options", "Privacy", and selecting "Block all cookies" using the slider selector.
- Firefox; you can adjust your cookie settings by clicking "Tools", "Options" and "Privacy"
- Google Chrome; you can adjust cookie settings by clicking "Settings", "Show advanced settings" and under "Privacy" click "content settings"
- Opera; you can adjust cookie settings by clicking "Settings", and clicking on the "Privacy and Security" tab
- Safari; you can adjust cookie settings by clicking "Preferences" and clicking on the "Privacy" tab
Go to www.allaboutcookies.org to find out more about website cookies.
The cookies we use
Google Analytic Cookies: _utma, _utmb, _utmc, _utmz
The cookie is used to collect information about how visitors use our site and we use the information to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come from and the pages they visit. Read Google's Privacy overview. To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics, just specify on the cookie notice when entering each page.
PHP Session Cookies: PHPSESSID
This cookie is used to track important logical information for the smooth operation of the site on the server side
This cookie is used to track important logical information for the smooth operation of the site on the client side
All cookies that we use are session cookies meaning that they expire when the browser has been closed.